Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Reflection

Technology

During this project, we used Maya and AfterEffects as editing softwares, and filmed footage in front of a green screen. We used Maya to create a boulder that the "coyote" character would carry up the stairs. For the green screen, we used Keylight and editing in AfterEffects. With this project, we learned how to do green screening and Maya modeling through past example assignments as well as practice. This was important because it gave our project a bit of a theme and push in the more silly direction. We did face difficulties getting the boulder into the video, as well as keyframing it to move with everything.

Collaboration

I think our collaboration in this project went pretty well overall. It wasn't too stressful of a group, nor was there many conflicts in filming schedules. Overall, we pretty much knew how to collaborate well from knowing each other and also dealing with group projects in other classes. 

Communication

As said above, there wasn't much of an issue in regards to scheduling issues, nor was there much of an understanding in project details. I think our group had overall good discussions with criticism, filming, editing, and blog making. After doing many critiques and communicating on other assignments, I'd say it was fairly easy to do so with this one.

Project Management

I'd say getting this assignment done on time was not a problem. Mostly because we chose a very simple video to do but, even then, we all filmed on time and edited on time. This is probably due to how compact video deadlines can be, at least for the kids in video. 

Leadership

In my opinion, I think everyone took a bit of leadership in different parts of filming and editing. It was important for us to all have leadership parts so not one person was necessarily in charge, but everyone was still having a say and role in everything we did. This helps reduce conflicts and make a smoother video production. This was probably learned through prior projects as well.

Strengths

I think my person strengths is editing and putting my own twist into projects assigned to us. However, with that comes my weakness, not getting things done on time. With trying things a bit differently, it can also slow down the process in which I get things done. This can either make my work turn out nicely, or quite rushed.

Overall, I would've changed how quickly the pace of the Maya unit went, but other than that, this class was very helpful and overall fun to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment